Wednesday 11 December 2013

LAUNCH SG DAY 1 09/12/13

Today was the first day of LAUNCH SG and the first official day that I joined the internship. It was held at Princep Street Presbyterian Church this year. When I arrived, it was quite intimidating as I saw many unfamiliar faces as I was the only member from my church. The first activity we did was ice breakers. After ice breakers, I began to feel less intimidated as everyone was nice and friendly. After which we proceeded to worship and sermon by Pastor Steve. The scripture for sermon was taken from 2 Corinthians 4. The gist of the sermon was about spreading the word of God and that we are not the "treasure", but the Gospel is. Then we broke into our respective levels and started the Bible study. From the Bible study, my greatest take away was that God had us all in mind even before the world began. I feel very comforted to know that God chose us all and we are all significant with a purpose in life. After lunch, we continued to have our workshop and the topic was on "Biblical Theology". Biblical Theology explains how the Old Testament is linked to the New Testament. It teaches us how the Bible is fixed together as one story. All the Old Testament stories actually points to Jesus as well. Overall, I learnt many things today and found the Bible study and workshop very beneficial in appreciating more of what God has done for us. I thank God for our mentors, Pastor Evan, Pastor Clement, Brother Yongjie, and Sister Benita, for putting in the effort to prepare and deliver the teachings from God clearly to us.

Xue Ning
121213 1550



No comments:

Post a Comment